This Quick and Easy Shrimp and Broccoli can be on your table in 15 minutes!! It’s full of tender shrimp, tender crisp broccoli and all coated in a simple sauce!
Ok it is the end of April already!! Where is the time going, seriously!!
My newborn is growing way to fast (she is almost 2 1/2 months already!!) I want her to slow down and stay that tiny newborn because before long she will be rolling and crawling around and into everything.
Nothing will be safe, again. What am I saying, nothing is safe right now! 🙂
Anyway, this dish is great for those super busy days when you barely have any energy to even cook. It’s very adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. I just really like shrimp and I had broccoli on hand. They paired very well together and the sauce is where the flavor is at. If you would like to make this spicier bump up the sriracha sauce to 1 teaspoon and maybe add in some red pepper flakes. (my husbands preferred way of eating almost anything!)
Cook some minute brown rice along with this and you will have a filling, healthy and satisfying meal!
Quick and Easy Shrimp and Broccoli
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deviened
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisen sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice optional
- SAUCE: Combine the soy sauce, hoisen sauce, honey, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger powder, sriracha and cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the shrimp and broccoli with the olive oil for 2 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and opaque. Stir in the reserved sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and serve over hot cooked rice if desired.