Taco Baked Potatoes take plain baked potatoes to the next level! Taco seasoned ground beef (or turkey) topped with all the taco trimmings on top of a fluffy baked potato! Total comfort food!
This is something I make quite often around our house. This dish was born out of sheer desperation to get something on the table for dinner. I was scouring the fridge for anything that would be worthy of a meal and found some leftover baked potatoes and taco meat. I added in some beans and topped it with some of the usual taco fixings and called it a meal!
Needless to say the family loved it.
I now make extra baked potatoes on purpose just to make this meal! You could also make baked potatoes in the slow cooker and when you get home whip up some taco meat and you will have this on the table in about 20 minutes. Feel free to use ground turkey in place of the ground beef and use whatever beans you have on hand. This meal is very adaptable!
Taco Baked Potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 10 oz can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 baked potatoes
- toppings of choice cheddar, sour cream, salsa...
- In a large skillet brown hamburger until no longer pink over medium heat. Drain any grease. Add in taco seasoning, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Simmer for 5 minutes then serve over baked potatoes.