My favorite chips have to be hands down corn chips. They are great to eat alone, in chili, with cheese dip……
I also really enjoy sweet and salty combos. So I thought I would experiment with Fritos.
These turned out super!! It is just the perfect amount of sweet and salty. These are also super easy to put together.
Sweet and Salty Frito Bars
- 1 10 1/4 oz. bag Fritos corn chips (not scoops)
- 3/4 c. corn syrup
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Pour chips into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat until boiling.
- Boil for 1 minute only.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour over chips and toss to coat.
- Press into greased pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and gently press them in a little.
- Cool in refrigerator until set.
- Cut into bars.