These Sweet and Salty Frito Chip Bars are the perfect combination! Crunchy yet chewy, sweet yet salty.
This is a revamp of an old post. I redid both the pictures (because they literally hurt my eyes to look at, they are that bad!) and the recipe. The original uses corn syrup and I wanted a different option.
So, I thought why not make them like a rice krispie bar and use mini marshmallows! Genius! It worked beautifully. You still get plenty of sweet with those salty chips. If you would like the original recipe click here. They taste great, I just wanted a non corn syrup option and pictures that are a little easier on the eyes.
The big game is tomorrow! Just wondering if you have all your snacks and treats planed out. If not you need to include these guys.
Like in they are an absolute must. They are quick, easy and very addicting. <- Just thought I would warn you.
Well, I am going to keep today’s post short. I have some sick kiddos to take care of and get well before this baby decides to come! 🙂
Sweet and Salty Frito Chip Bars
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups corn chips about one 9 3/4 oz bag (not scoops)
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 1/4 cup butterfinger baking bits optional
- Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or grease with extra butter. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the marshmallows. Stir just until melted. Remove from heat and stir in corn chips. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Press into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and butterfinger baking bits. Cool before cutting into bars.