Mint Oreo Cheesecake Squares are creamy, minty, dense, and full of chocolatey goodness. Enjoy this dessert topped with warm fudge and crunchy mint Oreos!
Why These Mint Oreo Cheesecake Squares are Amazing
These little Mint Oreo Cheesecake Squares are perfect for celebrating St. Patricks Day or just celebrating life on a regular Tuesday! The creamy mint chocolatey flavor of this dessert will have you coming back for seconds, thirds, and fourths.
Though these little cheesecakes do require some decent baking and chilling time, the process is simple and the finished product is totally worth it. You’ll get the creamy mintiness, crunchy oreo, and warm fudge drizzled on top right before serving; it’s a treat like no other!
Make sure you get a good brand of cream cheese (like Philadelphia!) and we’re off to the races. In a few hours, you’ll be enjoying the dense and luscious joy of mint oreo cheesecake bars!
Key Ingredients to Make Mint Cheesecake Bars
I like to break my ingredient lists down into sections so that I know what I’m working with for each part of the recipe. In this case, we have the crust, the cheesecake filling, and the delicious toppings!
- Mint Oreo Cookies
Mint Cheesecake Filling
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Peppermint extract
- Mint oreo cookies
- Fudge sauce
Instructions to Make Mint Oreo Cheesecake
Step 1: Preheat and Prep Baking Pan
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and line an 8×8 baking pan with foil. Allow the foil to hang over two sides of the pan to create handles for pulling the cheesecake out at the end. Set the prepared dish aside.
Step 2: Create Oreo Crust
All you need are mint Oreos and butter. Use your food processor to pulse the Oreos until you have fine crumbs, and then add the melted butter. Continue pulsing until they’re combined, and then you’ll add the crust to the prepared pan and pat it out into an even layer. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Mix Cheesecake Filling
While the crust bakes, start making the cheesecake filling. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until it’s smooth and creamy looking. It’s significantly easier when the cream cheese is at room temperature, so keep that in mind when you’re preparing. Slowly add in the sugar and beat until it’s combined, and then continue by adding in the eggs one at a time.
Scrape the bowl after each egg to make sure it’s thoroughly combined, and then add in the cream and extracts. Beat everything together again, scraping the bowl frequently, and then gently fold in the chopped Oreos.
Step 4: Bake Cheesecake
Pour the cheesecake filling batter over the baked crust and use a spoon to smooth out any bubbles. Bake it for 40-45 minutes. The edges should be set and the center will be a little jiggly.
Step 5: Cool
Cool the cheesecake for 1.5 hours on a wire rack, then cover the dish and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
Step 6: Serve and Enjoy!
The best part – lift the cheesecake out of the pan using the foil handles. Carefully cut the cheesecake into squares and top each one with crushed mint Oreos and warm fudge sauce if desired.
Take a sharp knife and run it under hot tap water for a few moments. Dry it completely and then use it to cut your cheesecake bars. You may have to rewarm the knife a few times throughout the process.
In the refrigerator! And in an airtight container! Sometimes people think of cheesecake as a regular cake and think it can be stored at room temperature.
You can! The cheesecake will only last a few days in the fridge, so if you have leftover bars, you can always wrap them up in saran wrap and keep them in the freezer for much longer. Just allow them to thaw in the fridge overnight before you want to enjoy them.
It doesn’t work because of the texture of a cheesecake. It’s a custardy finish, so poking it at any time in the baking or cooling process will disrupt the setting. Just bake it for the recommended time and trust the process!
More Minty Recipes To Try
- St. Patrick’s Day Bark
- St. Patrick’s Day Dirt and Worm Cups
- No-Churn Peppermint Cookie Ice Cream
- Mint Brownies
- Mint Chocolate Thumbprints
- Peppermint Patty Brownies
Thanks so much for reading! Enjoy these minty handheld treats and let me know what you think!
Mint Oreo Cheesecake Squares
- 24 mint oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- Cheesecake Filling
- 2 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 10 mint oreo cookies coarsely chopped
- Fudge sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil, allowing it to hang over two sides to create handles. Set aside.
- For the crust, pulse the 24 mint oreos in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Add in the melted butter and pulse until combined. Add to your prepared pan and pat out into an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking start preparing the cheesecake filling. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth, either in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Slowly add in the sugar and beat until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time beating and scraping the bowl well after each egg. Add in the cream and extracts and beat until combined, scraping the bowl frequently. Gently fold in the chopped oreos.
- Pour the batter over the prepared crust and smooth out any bubbles. Bake for 40-45 minutes. The edges should be set and the center a little jiggly.
- Cool the cheesecake on a wire rack for 1 1/2 hours, then cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving.
- To serve lift the cheesecake out of the pan using the foil handles. Cut into squares and top with crushed oreos and drizzle with warmed fudge sauce if desired.