Happy Saturday everyone!! I hope this weekend finds you all enjoying the spring weather. I can’t stay long this morning as we are planting trees around our house this weekend!! Yea, we will have something to look at finally!! You see when we bought our house there wasn’t any landscaping AT ALL!
Not a single tree, bush, flower or even grass! That’s right folks not even grass. We have done a lot of dirt work around our house over the past few years and last year we put in some cement patios and a sidewalk. So, slowly but surely we are getting somewhere, it just takes forever it seems like!
Now for this chicken in garlic mushroom sauce. This 30 minute wonder can be made in one pan!! It is creamy, with hints of garlic, the mushrooms are tender and add a lot of flavor and the chicken is moist and satisfying. I serve this over a bed of brown rice but mashed potatoes would be great too, along with a side of lightly steamed green beans. Yum!
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cream or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- Hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste and add to heated skillet. Cook until juices are running clear and the meat is no longer pink. (Cooking time will vary due to different sizes and thicknesses of chicken breasts, but somewhere between 10-15 minutes) Remove from the skillet and set aside covered with foil to keep warm.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of butter to the skillet along with the mushrooms and onions. Cook and stir occasionally for about 8-10 minutes or until softened and lightly brown. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and then the broth, cream and rosemary. Stir to combine well and scrape up all the wonderful bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or mashed potatoes.