These BLT Biscuit Sliders are perfect game time food! Little 3 bite sandwiches piled with crisp lettuce, plump red romas and crispy bacon! Plus, all on a flaky biscuit!
Are you planning your menu for the big game next weekend??? You have to serve these little guys!
They are quick and super easy, like there is no possible way to mess these up!
I made my own biscuit dough but these will also work well with store bought. Just don’t buy the grands if you want them to be cute little sandwiches like these 🙂
My kids thought these were really fun. I even packed these little gems for their lunch.
Now, they beg for them! For some reason making them smaller, they actually ate more. (note to self- I need to try this on other things!)
So, as I was saying these are perfect party food. They are quick, super easy and small (you know, so you can eat all the other goodies you’ll be surrounded by). Hey, they would even be a fun supper too!
BLT Biscuit Sliders
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup butter cut into small chunks (or freeze slightly then grate with cheese grater)
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 5 strips bacon
- 5 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 large roma tomatoes sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in butter and cut with a pastry blender until you have coarse crumbs. (if you froze and grated, just mix it in no need to make the butter smaller 🙂 ) Stir in the milk until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough on a work surface and knead lightly 10 times. This will also help to finish mixing your dough together. Roll dough to 1/2" thick and use a 2 1/2" biscuit cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- While biscuits are baking fry your bacon until crispy. Cut each in half. Cut or tear the lettuce in half horizontally.
- Cut biscuit in half. Spread a small amount of mayonnaise on each half. Top with a piece of lettuce (you may need to fold it a little to fit it well on the sandwich) slice of tomato and a piece of bacon. Place biscuit top on top of bacon. Repeat with other biscuits.