Cheesy Chicken Gnocchi Bake is loaded with melted cheese, chicken, and fluffy gnocchi. Each savory bite will leave you wanting more!
Chicken Gnocchi Bake
Gnocchi with chicken is super simple to put together (which is a must for me), and it only bakes for 30 minutes. Nothing is boiled, sauteed, or browned prior to baking, and this is what saves time on prep. So, you’ll have some delicious food on the table in no time!
Honestly, you can never go wrong with pasta. Kids and adults are more than happy to devour it! We have lots of popular pasta recipes, you should try. Baked Ziti, Slow Cooker Lasagna, Creamy Baked Mac and Cheese, and Million Dollar Spaghetti are some of our reader favorites.
Why You’ll Love Gnocchi and Chicken Bake
- Takes less than an hour
- Only 8 ingredients
- Chicken gnocchi bake has 2 kinds of cheese
- Incredibly delicious
- Great for entertaining and potlucks
Gnocchi with Chicken Ingredients
GNOCCHI: Use any variety or brand of gnocchi that you like. You can’t go wrong here, so seriously use whatever you have.
CHICKEN: Cut a large chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Make sure they are evenly cut, so they cook evenly and are easier to eat.
GARLIC AND ONIONS: While optional, garlic and onions really boost the flavor of this chicken gnocchi bake!
PASTA SAUCE: This is another ingredient that gives you total freedom to choose. Any pasta sauce works. It can be a jar, or you can even use homemade sauce.
CHEESE: We like a combination of mozzarella and parmesan. You can add other flavors of cheese too.
How To Make Chicken And Gnocchi Bake
PREP: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then, lightly grease a casserole dish.
COOK CHICKEN: Place the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until almost done.
BAKE GNOCCHI: Combine the gnocchi, chicken, onions, garlic, water, and pasta sauce in a bowl. Spread into the prepped casserole dish. Add shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes until it’s brown and bubbly.
Baked Gnocchi FAQs
Sure, you can make baked gnocchi with alfredo sauce instead of red pasta sauce. Choose a jar of your favorite sauce or make it from scratch. Either way, baked gnocchi tastes great with red or white sauce.
Yes, it’s fine to make gnocchi with chicken using ziti, penne, or rigatoni instead. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture will vary if you make changes.
Yes, you can swap the chicken breast for chicken thighs. Just be sure to make the gnocchi and chicken bake with boneless skinless meat.
Cheesy Chicken Gnocchi Bake
- 1 pound potato gnocchi I like DeLallo brand
- 1 large chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 24 oz jar pasta sauce (I used Barilla Traditional pasta sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, set aside.
- In a medium skillet cook the chicken until almost done.
- In a large bowl combine the gnocchi, chicken, onion, garlic, pasta sauce and water. Spoon into prepared casserole dish. Top with shredded cheeses and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.