This One Pot Bacon Alfredo is a quick and easy weeknight meal that’s full of flavor! It’s on your table in under 30 minutes, made in one pot and it has bacon!! What more could a person ask for??
This one-pot bacon alfredo is perfect for a date night in and for many reasons!
- It’s made in one pan which equals fewer dishes to wash which means more time with your loved one!
- It’s really quick to make…. like done in under 30 minutes!!
- It has bacon in it.
- It’s creamy, smokey and total comfort food.
- Did I mention it has bacon in it??
With the holiday season fast approaching, (did anyone realize that October is pretty much half over?!?!?) things start to get a little busy and there may not be time to go out on a date. Or maybe it costs too much??
Whatever, the dilemma may be don’t let that stop you from spending some quality time with your spouse. That’s why you have date night at home!
Some serving suggestions to top off this meal- simple roasted green beans (pop those in the oven while you make the bacon alfredo), simple caesar salad (prep this ahead of time), garlic cheddar biscuits (which can also be made ahead of time and just briefly warmed in the oven with the green beans).
Some simple dessert options would be- homemade chewy brownies topped with some ice cream and drizzled with hot fudge and caramel (one of my favorites!) or this skillet blondie with bourbon caramel pecans <— so good!
Date night in really can be stress free, but it does require a little planning and prep work to make it work, especially if you have kiddos!
I try to prepare as much in advance as possible like salads, breads, desserts, appetizers.
Also, don’t feel obligated to make everything from scratch either! If you need to take some help from the store do it!
Oh, also a nice bottle of wine goes great with this meal too, just saying! 🙂
- 5 slices thick cut bacon
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces penne, rotini or rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Set on paper towel to drain. Drain grease, reserving 1-2 tablespoons in pan. Cook onion over medium heat until soft and light brown (about 2 min) stir in garlic.
Add in pasta, broth salt, and pepper and stir well. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring twice during cooking.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch with a very small amount of water and stir into pasta. Remove from heat and stir in cream and cheese until cheese has melted. Garnish with chopped bacon and parsley.