These Chocolate Chip Pecan Shortbread Cookies will delight all ages. They are an irresistible buttery cookie studded with mini chocolate chips and pecans that just melt in your mouth. Perfect for an afternoon snack with tea or great on a holiday cookie tray!
So, did everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving??
We had a smaller crowd this year for Thanksgiving. The weather wasn’t the greatest but the falling snow was pretty and definitely put me in the holiday spirit. We all had a wonderful time and are so thankful for the wonderful family and friends we have in our lives.
I, of course, made way to much food and probably had enough food leftover to do Thanksgiving again! But I don’t mind leftovers because even though I love to bake and cook, I do really enjoy a break too! 🙂
Did anyone go out on black Friday???
We braved it and we got all of out Christmas shopping done!!!!! I am so happy to be completely done and I think this is the first year where I won’t have to worry about getting all those gifts at the last minute! Yea, do a little happy dance with me!
However, I can’t believe how crazy the people can be on black Friday!! Luckily, we weren’t in the middle of any major brawls!
Well, I am on my own again for the next two weeks as my husband will be away for work once more! I do hope this will not become a permanent routine of being gone for two and home for one!
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups butter softened (use only real butter for this recipe)
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer until thoroughly combined. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet. Flatten slightly with your hand or the bottom of a glass. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden around edges.