These Lemon Mousse Dessert Cups are made with light and airy lemony mousse, shortbread cookies, and fresh raspberries – They make the perfect springtime dessert!
Lemon is just one of those flavors that’s perfect for spring. It’s light, refreshing, sweet, and tangy; it would even be great for summer too (or fall or winter or really any time of the year because lemon is amazing).
Thankfully, these Lemon Mousse Dessert Cups aren’t as heavy and rich as some desserts can be, because on a hot summer night no one wants to feel bloated and weighed down. I hope you enjoy these little lemony clouds in a cup as much as I do!
Simple Ingredients for Lemon Mousse Cups
You’ll never believe a dessert as delicious as this one can be made with such few simple ingredients, but it’s true! All you need for this recipe is lemon curd, cream, powdered sugar, shortbread cookies (I highly recommend Walker’s Shortbread Cookies – they’re SO addicting), and fresh raspberries.
Seriously, that’s it!
How to Make Your Dessert Cups
Since it only takes a handful of ingredients, it’s super quick to put together.
Using lemon curd speeds things up a lot, and you can either use store-bought or this top-of-the-line-delicious-beyond-belief homemade lemon curd. 😉 I highly recommend the homemade version because not only does it taste better, but you’ll have leftovers to use on other recipes like lemon cheesecake overnight oats or this blueberry dutch baby.
In a large bowl, whip your cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Then gently fold in 2 tables of lemon curd. Spoon half of the mousse into a dessert cup, and then top with 1 tablespoon of lemon curd, 1 crumbled shortbread cookie, and fresh raspberries.
How to Enjoy your Lemon Mousse Dessert
Whip it up and save it in the refrigerator to enjoy throughout the week! It can be made days in advance so you’re ready to pull out a delicious dessert at a moment’s notice.
I also made this a two-serving recipe so you can have one to yourself and one for a friend (if they’re lucky!).
Hungry for more?
Here are some ideas to get you inspired – let me know what you try!
- Berry Icebox Cake – perfect to keep in the freezer and pull out whenever you’re ready to enjoy!
- Lemon Lush – or as I call it, Lemon Lasagna.
- Berry Coconut Trifle – YUM!
- One Bowl Cocoa Brownies – chocolatey heaven!
Lemon Mousse Dessert Cups
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon curd divided
- 2 shortbread cookies
- fresh raspberries for topping
- In a large bowl whip the whipping cream with the powdered sugar just until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in 2 tablespoons lemon curd.
- Spoon half of the mousse into a dessert cup. Top with 1 tablespoon lemon curd, 1 crumbled shortbread cookie and fresh raspberries. Repeat with remaining mousse.