Creamy Lemon Chicken is a delicious option on your table in 20 minutes or less. Made with simple, real ingredients that are easy to find and it’s perfect for any night of the week.
Who doesn’t love a quick and easy weeknight meal?? But what’s better is a quick, easy weeknight meal that tastes like a million bucks! This creamy lemon chicken checks all the boxes and will become your next favorite family meal.
Another family favorite is this Homemade Hamburger Helper and it’s also a reader favorite. Or give this Chicken Waldorf Salad a try. It’s fast, tastes fantastic, and is perfect for lunches or light dinners.
Creamy Lemon Chicken Checks All The Boxes:
- Fast and super easy to make which makes it perfect for busy nights.
- Made with real food and easy to find ingredients.
- Made in one pan so there are fewer dishes to clean up.
- Tastes like something you would order from a restaurant.
I love when I have a recipe with a short ingredient list and probably have everything already on hand. It makes dinner time so much easier. This ingredient list is pretty straight forward and simple. You will need chicken breast, butter, chicken broth or stock, onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, fresh lemon, flour, and heavy cream.
How-To Make Creamy Lemon Chicken:
STEP 1: Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally and pan fry until cooked through.
STEP 2: Remove the chicken from the pan and add the onion. Cook until starts to soften then add the garlic and rosemary. Cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the flour then whisk in the broth, cream, and lemon juice. Whisk and cook until slightly thickened.
STEP 3: Add chicken back to the pan and toss to coat with sauce.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a skillet over low heat or in the microwave. May need to thin the sauce with a little broth or water.
Be sure your chicken breasts are of even thickness. If not pound the breast until evenly thick. Don’t overcook and when the chicken is removed from the pan tent with foil. This will allow the juices to redistribute throughout the chicken keeping it nice and juicy.
This would be great served with a simple side salad or this Simple Caesar Salad. Serve the chicken as is or over a bed of rice, pasta, or even these Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Add some of these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits too!
Tips And Suggestions:
- Take care not to overcook the chicken.
- Can stir in baby spinach or kale to the sauce at the end.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese would also taste great stirred in at the end.
Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups (300ml) chicken broth or stock
- ⅔ cup (160ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons FRESH lemon juice
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes per side or until an internal temperature of 165℉. Remove from skillet and tent with.
- If the skillet is dry add 1 tablespoon of butter. Add onion and cook until starting to soften. Add garlic and rosemary and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the flour then whisk in the broth, cream, and lemon juice. Simmer until slightly thickened. Taste and season to your tastes. Transfer chicken back into the pan and coat with sauce.