This waffle maker omelet recipe is a fresh and delicious way to enjoy your eggs. Whisk together your desired omelet ingredients, and then pour it all into a waffle maker. Within minutes, you have a delicious and portable breakfast omelet!
Why We Love Waffle Maker Omelets
I don’t remember where I saw waffle omelets, or how they got into my brain, but I’m sure glad they did! This recipe has become a go-to for the school year because they’re so easy to make and they’re full of protein, veggies, and tons of flavor.
My kids love them for their tastiness and portability, but I love them because of their ease! All I have to do is whip together some eggs and whatever veggies and/or protein we have in the fridge that day. Then I pour them over the Belgian waffle maker and they’re done within a couple of minutes!
If you’re not in a hurry, you can dress these omelet’s up with various toppings like tomatoes, avocado, your favorite sauce, or even more cheese! Whether you’re running behind and need something nourishing on the go, or you’re ready to sit down for a breakfast to luxuriate over, these waffle omelets are perfect for you!
Key Ingredients For Waffle Omelets
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s so customizable! I’m going to share my favorite combination of ingredients but keep in mind that you can use your own favorite veggies and seasonings instead.
- Bell pepper
- Seasonings: Onion powder, garlic powder
How to Make an Omelet in a Waffle Maker
Step 1: Whisk
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together all of your ingredients until they’re combined.
Step 2: Add to Waffle Iron
Grease your waffle iron and then pour some of your egg mixture in enough to cover the entire surface.
Do not overfill or eggs will come out the sides.
You will hear whistling as the eggs cook, but I promise everything will be alright! Once the noise starts to fade, the omelet is done.
Step 3: Toppings
Serve your waffle-shaped omelet with the toppings of your choice! Enjoy!
If you’re serving a big ‘ol breakfast and you want to serve a side dish with your omelets, you have so many different options! A simple dish is a bowl of fruit or fruit salad, but you can get even fancier with some sausage hashbrowns or potato scallion pancakes. I also love going back to basics and having some bacon alongside my eggs!
Of course, they’ll just be smaller! Again, make sure not to overfill them, but I think making this recipe in a mini waffle maker would be fun. They’d be even more portable, like little egg bites!
The key is to whip a ton of air into them. In Step 1 of this recipe just make sure you whip the egg mixture really well, and then maybe whip it a little more before each time you go to pour the mixture into the waffle maker.
Omelet Topping Suggestions
- Add some of your favorite grated cheese!
- Slice some tomatoes for a juicy and fresh topping.
- Avocado will add lots of healthy fats and will keep you full longer.
- A spoonful of salsa would be a super flavorful addition!
- Saute up some of your favorite greens like spinach to serve on top of your omelet, or serve your omelet over a bed of fresh greens.
- A dollop of sour cream never hurt anybody!
- If you like your food spicy, add some red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Basil pesto would be a fresh flavor to add to your omelet!
- Or try our classic pico de gallo recipe to bring some tex mex flair to your omelet.
More Recipes To Try
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Cups
- Freezer Ham, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- Cheesy Corned Beef Hash with Baked Eggs
- Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
- Bean and Cheese Breakfast Tacos
Waffle Maker Omelets
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 c finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 c finely chopped mushroom
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1/4 c milk
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until combined.
- Pour just enough of the egg mixture onto a greased waffle iron to cover the entire surface. **Caution do not overfill or there will be eggs coming out the sides** You will hear some whistling as the eggs cook but I assure you everything will be alright. Once the noise starts to fade your eggs will be done.
- Serve your eggs with toppings of your choice such as: grated cheese, tomatoes, onions, avocado, salsa…..