This easy Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole is great way to start off your day! Perfect for not only special occasions but also everyday breakfast.
Is breakfast at your house crazy?!?! Please tell me it is and my house isn’t the only one. We have been doing swimming lessons this week and while they aren’t super early in the morning, it’s been a rush to get breakfast done and out the door on time.
Oh how I fear how bad the first day of school is going to be!
Cereal just doesn’t cut it for my kids.
First, they will eat about 3 boxes worth of cereal and that’s the family sized cereal boxes. <-and I’m not kidding! It just doesn’t fill them up!
Second, within 30 minutes they are raiding the pantry and fridge for more food. So, if I want to keep my kids full, breakfast has to be a little more hearty than a bowl of cereal.
That’s where these breakfast casseroles come in handy! This sausage hashbrown breakfast casserole can even be assembled the night before and baked in the morning. Just let it sit out for 30 minutes before putting it in the oven.
It’s really easy to put together and takes about 45 minutes to bake. I know you are thinking– whaaaa that’s too long! She’s nuts!! But, if you put it together first thing in the morning it can be baking while you are getting yourself and everyone ready for the day. Unless you roll out of bed 5 minutes before you have to leave, then you are going to need to grab one of these breakfast burritos and eat it while you run to the car. <- Not that I’ve ever done that 🙂
Otherwise, bake this on the weekend and you can eat it for breakfast leftovers during the week. All you need to do is reheat! AWESOME!!
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- 1 26 oz package frozen hashbrowns
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan, set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the sausage, onion, garlic and chili powder until no longer pink. (about 10 min) Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cottage cheese, cheddar, eggs and milk. Set aside.
- Place the hashbrowns in an even layer in the prepared baking dish. Top with the sausage mixture. Carefully pour the cheese mixture over the sausage. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.