This super Easy Vegetable Ramen is full of tender crisp vegetables, tender noodles and a flavorful sauce. Plus this meal can be made in only 20 minutes!
Save it for later and PIN IT
Today I am bringing you an extra tasty and quick meal!! This easy vegetable ramen can be on your table in about 20 minutes!! I say there is nothing wrong with that!
I was originally trying to make vegetable lo mein but I couldn’t find the proper noodles and I was tired of looking. I figured if I am having this much trouble finding the noodles some of you may as well and that’s not good. So, I went with a noodle that is found pretty much everywhere, ramen. Just throw out those seasoning packets and use the dried noodles.
The biggest reason I like this meal is because it is so easy and quick. My biggest tip is to have all your vegetables prepped and ready to go before starting this recipe. I tried both ways and not having the veggies ready beforehand was a big mistake! Also, have your noodles ready to go as well. Toss the noodles with some oil so they don’t stick together while they wait to be added to the veggies.
Almost all of my family loved this dish. My oldest wasn’t fond of it but the rest devoured it. I feel good because they are getting a nice dose of vegetables in their diet! It is pictured here without any protein but it would be great with chicken, shrimp even beef! It’s pretty versatile.
You don’t even need a wok to cook this meal! I just use my large cast iron skillet but any large skillet will work just make sure it is at least a 12-inch skillet. You will need plenty of room to cook those veggies quickly and toss the noodles in at the end.
So, be sure to add this to your meal plan and customize it to suit your family’s needs!!
- 3 3 oz packages dried ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil of choice
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms of choice I like baby portabella
- 1 large bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets make sure they are bites sized pieces
- 1 small zucchini cut into small chunks
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- sriracha to taste
- In a small bowl or mason jar combine the ingredients for the sauce and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen according to package directions. Drain immediately and toss with some cooking oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Prepare all of your vegetables before beginning.
- Heat a large skillet (no smaller than 12 inches) over medium high heat. Add in the oil then add in the mushrooms, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the broccoli and zucchini. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the sauce and cooked ramen until all is coated in the sauce.