These Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Ham and Onions are a quick and easy yet flavorful side dish. Perfect for the up coming holidays. These are simple roasted brussel sprouts that get fancied up with some ham and onions.
So, this is a 4 ingredient recipe (not counting salt and pepper)!! Can’t beat that!
Growing up as a kid brussel sprouts was not on the menu. We just didn’t eat them. It wasn’t until late last year that I decided to give them a try. (I feel so grown up 🙂 )
I didn’t cook very many because I was pretty sure we wouldn’t like them. I just tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper then roasted them until browned.
To say the least we loved them and I wished I would have bought more to make. The kids even asked for more!!! Score!
Now, I feel like a good and responsible mom making brussel sprouts for my kids. My husband even gave them a try and he HATES veggies!! Like absolutely hates, detests, despises vegetables. He actually liked them, double score!!
So, I thought I would fancy them up by adding in some finely diced ham and thinly sliced onions. The ham and onions get slightly crispy and the brussel sprouts get cooked until slightly tender but still crisp. Just the way I like them. YUM!
Ok, now don’t be afraid of the brussel sprout and give them a try!
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place brussel sprouts, ham, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Carefully toss to combine. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brussel sprouts are browned. Gently stir halfway through cooking.