Lemon Parmesan Broccoli is roasted to perfection and is a super quick and easy side dish! It’s full of flavor and goes great with so many dishes!
Lemon Parmesan Broccoli
I have found a new way to serve vegetables to my family at dinnertime, and that is by making my parmesan roasted broccoli! I love how easy it is to toss some lemon parmesan broccoli on a sheet pan, roast it, and have an amazing side dish with little fuss. Because I will be honest, I am not the best at getting a side dish on the table!
Why You’ll Love Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 25 minute recipe
- Family favorite
- 7 ingredients
- Practically effortless
Broccoli Lemon Parmesan Ingredients
BROCCOLI FLORETS: It’s best if you make sure the florets are similar in size so they cook evenly and are easier to eat.
OLIVE OIL: You can swap the olive oil for your favorite oil. Olive oil helps the broccoli brown up and tastes great too.
SEASONINGS: We like using a combination of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
PARMESAN CHEESE: You can use your own judgment on how much parmesan you want. We like it pretty cheesy, but you can add as much or as little as you want.
LEMON JUICE: It’s best to use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled juice.
How To Make Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
PREP BROCCOLI: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Then, place the broccoli florets on the baking sheet. Add oil and seasonings. Toss to coat evenly.
BAKE: Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until it reaches the desired doneness.
SERVE: Sprinkle the cooked broccoli with parmesan cheese and drizzle with lemon juice. Serve the broccoli lemon parmesan and enjoy!
About this Parmesan Lemon Broccoli:
- This recipe was first invented by Ina Garten a long time ago, and people have been making their own versions since. Parmesan lemon broccoli is wildly popular, and for good reason — it’s highly addictive!
- I chose not to use fresh garlic in this recipe (shocker, I know!) because it can burn easily.
- I also used canned Parmesan (another shocker!), but feel free to grate your own because it’s even better that way!
- Make sure your broccoli isn’t super wet after you wash it. That way, the oil will coat it and brown it better.
- If you don’t like lemon, just leave it out.
- For some spice, add a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Lemon Roasted Broccoli FAQs
• Cooked and crumbled bacon
• Italian dressing
• Balsamic vinegar
• Sweet potatoes
• Plus anything else you like!
Sure, make this lemon roasted broccoli with mozzarella, gouda, or asiago.
Yep! Chop and season the broccoli, then refrigerate for up to 1 day in advance. Bake, then add cheese and lemon juice.
Pin this Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and save it for later!
Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds (453-680g) broccoli florets
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons -1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- Place florets on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until it reaches your desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was first invented by Ina Garten a long time ago and people have been making their own versions since. It is wildly popular and for good reason- it’s highly addictive!
- If you have a child that doesn’t care for broccoli then give this a try for sure!
- I chose not to use fresh garlic in this recipe (shocker I know!) because it can burn easily.
- I also used canned Parmesan (another shocker!) but feel free to grate your own because it’s even better that way!
- Make sure your broccoli isn’t super wet after you wash it. That way the oil will coat it and brown it better.
- If you don’t like lemon just leave it out. I do have one child that doesn’t care for the lemon so I leave one corner without it and all are happy. 🙂