DIY Homemade Ranch Seasoning recipe for a quick and easy alternative to those store bought packets!
I don’t know about you guys but ranch dressing has been happening a lot around here lately! I don’t know if it’s because it’s summer and the kids are constantly wanting a snack?? I’ve been going for quick and easy snacks—- carrots with ranch, broccoli with ranch, cucumbers with—- you guessed it, ranch.
(oh, and just in case anyone goes through the ingredient list on the recipe and compares it to this picture above that is a little extra salt. It was an empty spot and just needed something to fill it in 🙂 )
So, instead of buying bottle after bottle I wanted to make my own. I tried out many different recipes and tweaked many to create this one I am sharing here with you today. I feel it’s the closest I can come to the ever coveted bottle of Hidden Valley. And to be honest, my family liked it better! Needless, to say I was happy with that!!
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler or quicker to put together either and it stores well. It’s also a really great substitute to those packets of dry ranch mix! So, instead of buying that bottle of dressing or packet- make this homemade ranch seasoning instead!!
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 1/2 cup dry buttermilk powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and store in a small jar for up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
- **3 tablespoons of seasoning = 1 store bought packet
- **To make dressing: Combine 1 tablespoon of mix with 1/3 cup mayo and 2-3 tablespoons milk. (Tastes best if made in advance and let sit for a little while.)
- **To make dip: Combine 3 tablespoons into 2 cups of sour cream.