Lemon bars are probably one of my husbands favorite treats I make at Christmas time. He has a very hard time waiting until I have assembled my cookie trays I give away for the leftovers. These are the first to go in our house. After cutting I like to dust them with a little powdered sugar just before serving.
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 c. butter melted
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 TBSP flour
- 8 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the sides of a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Mix together ingredients and pat into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together.
- Pour over the hot baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.