These Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes are lightly sweetened with maple syrup, spiced with cinnamon and have and added crunch from pecans. Perfect fall side dish and perfect for the upcoming holidays!
So, how prepared are you guys for Thanksgiving? To be honest I haven’t planned that far ahead, which is sooo not like me because I am a planner.
I usually have Thanksgiving planned out in October!! A little early, probably, but I like to be ahead and prepared. Remember I have 6 kids, so unexpected surprises happen on the daily! 🙂
For some reason this year the days have sped by and time has got away from me. The first week of November is already done and I don’t have a menu in hand to prepare for my Thanksgiving table.
I do have one side dish on the menu though! These maple roasted sweet potatoes! My family and I love them. They are simple to make and require only a few simple and wholesome ingredients. The pecans are optional, so if you don’t like them no worries, just leave them out.
Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes scrubbed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into roughly 1" cubes. Place on baking sheet along with oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the maple syrup over the potatoes. Gently toss the potatoes to coat. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pecans, if desired. Serve immediately.