This Monster Skillet Cookie, or otherwise known as a pizooke, is full of M&M’s, chocolate chunks, peanuts, oatmeal and all cooked in a cast iron skillet!
This is my first pizookie and I have to say that I’m hooked!
No more scooping out individual cookies, just dump into a small cast iron skillet and out comes a beautiful cookie! It’s crispy around the edge but the center is warm and gooey. Perfect in my opinion!!
Top this with a big scoop of ice cream, drizzle with some hot fudge and this my friends is dessert heaven! This is the way a cookie is meant to be eaten!
Call me lazy, but I really loved the part of just putting all the cookie dough in the skillet and out comes this massive cookie.
I also just remembered from the pictures that there weren’t very many red M&M’s in the package. It was full of yellows, browns and greens. I don’t think there were even very many blues. I think someone may have sabotaged my M&M package. Ahem, husband.
It’s kinda like the trail mix in my house. I will go to grab a handful of that delicious sweet and salty combo of peanuts, chocolate and raisins and all there are- is raisins. Ahem, husband to blame again!
Also, just a random side note- if you look at the first picture you can see me in the spoons. Haha! Better yet don’t look! I’m not wearing any make-up, my hair is probably really messy and I’m in my super comfy not so attractive looking clothes. Hey just keepin it real, folks, just keepin it real. 🙂
Monster Skillet Cookie (Pizookie)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup peanut M&M's
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8" inch cast iron skillet, set aside.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer cream the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and mix just until combined. Add in the chocolate chunks, M&M's and peanuts or raisins. Mix just until combined.
- Spread into prepared cast iron skillet. Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned around the edge.