These easy Reuben Sliders make a great appetizer, snack or meal! Piled high with all the fixings they will definitely be a hit!
Reuben sandwiches are one of my favorite sandwiches to eat and also my husbands! It is usually what he requests for his birthday dinner each year and I gladly oblige!!
I decided to change things up a little bit and make them into a slider. These reuben sliders turned out to be phenomenal and I think they would be great for tailgating, parties or anywhere you need to feed a crowd.
There are also a few options when making these. Let’s start with the rolls. I went with a ciabatta bun here but a pretzel or even a potato bun would be great! Just look for small buns if you want to use them as sliders. The meat I used in these sandwiches here happens to be pastrami and while not authentic works great if you’re in a pinch and can’t get some corned beef.
Otherwise use some thinly sliced corned beef from the deli or make this slow cooker Guinness corned beef, now that would make an awesome sandwich!! For the kraut use whatever brand you like best. I prefer the kraut in the refrigerated section verses the canned kind, but use what you like best.
I topped these sliders with some dijon mustard, melted butter and changed out the poppy seeds for some caraway, since we aren’t using rye bread. Be sure to crush the caraway seeds a little to make them smaller and to release their flavor.
But, no matter what options you choose here these reuben sliders will be a hit at your next get together!!
- 12 ciabatta buns or buns of choice
- 14-16 oz thinly sliced corned beef or patrami
- 1 1/2 cups well drained sauerkraut
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed caraway seed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease or spray a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place the bottoms of the rolls in the prepared baking pan. Top with corned beef, sauerkraut and swiss cheese. Spread a little thousand island dressing over each slider and top with bun tops.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, mustard and caraway. Pour over sliders. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes.