These Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are an easy appetizer! Filled with lots of cheese, sauce, and pepperoni.
*Originally published January 2017. Text updated.*
Easy Appetizer for the WIN!
If you’re on the hunt for an amazing appetizer that is super easy to make these Pepperoni Pizza Sliders are for you.
They make great game day appetizers. They are also great for bbq’s and backyard parties.
- Hawaiian rolls– You can also use any bun that is small they don’t have to be Hawaiian rolls. Just keep them small so they are appetizer sized.
- Pasta sauce– Use any brand and flavor you like.
- Fresh mozzarella– I like the fresh because it’s easy to slice and place on the bun. Plus, it melts so nice! It makes the best cheese pull. However, regular mozzarella works just fine as well.
- Parmesan, butter, garlic powder, basil, and oregano– These are combined and used to brush over the tops of the sliders. Don’t skip this step! It really adds a lot to the sandwich.
What to serve with Pepperoni Pizza Sliders:
- For a game day spread of appetizers:
- For more of a complete meal:
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- 12 slider buns or Hawaiian rolls
- ¾-1 cup (175-235ml) pasta or pizza sauce
- 1 (6 oz)(170g) package pepperoni slices
- 1 (8 oz) (226g) package fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup (60g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (28g) butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan and set aside.
- Cut buns or sliders in half and set the tops aside. Place bottom half of buns in prepared pan and spread with pasta sauce. Top each bun with pepperoni slices using as many as desired (I used the whole package). Slice the fresh mozzarella into 12 slices and place a slice on each bun. Place the top half of the rolls back on top.
- In a small bowl combine the Parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic powder, dried basil and oregano. Spread over the top of the buns. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition Facts: Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.