My Grilled Parmesan Corn recipe is so easy to prepare and comes together in just 20 minutes. It’s full of savory garlic and cheese flavor and makes for a wonderful side dish or appetizer!
Seasoned Grilled Corn With Garlic and Parmesan
Is there anything better than barbecue season? Not much, at least in my opinion! There isn’t anything quite like enjoying a warm evening in the backyard while dinner cooks up on the grill. Savory aromas abound…I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
I love grilling for many reasons and I must say that easy cleanup is one of them. I’ve been known to create full meals with my grill alone, which means fewer dishes to wash — always a plus in my book! Cooking outside also helps to keep heat out of the house on really hot summer days.
Some of my favorite grilled recipes include these grilled jalapeño poppers, grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches, grilled teriyaki pork chops, and my famous applewood grill smoked chicken. And when I’m in the mood for a side dish to pull everything together, I add a hearty helping of my grilled parmesan corn!
They are super simple and come together incredibly quickly. The yummy smoky flavor from the char of the grill paired with melted butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese make this roasted corn on the cob the perfect addition to any grilled feast!
Why You’ll Love This Roasted Corn on the Cob Recipe
- Easy to make
- Minimal ingredients
- Perfect for barbecues
- Comes together quickly
- Cleanup is a breeze!
Key Ingredients to Make Parmesan Garlic Corn on the Grill
You only need 4 ingredients to make parmesan garlic corn! Make sure to refer to the recipe card below for quantities and more details.
- SWEET CORN – There are 6 main varieties of corn out there. I typically use sweet corn for this dish as the flavors pair perfectly with savory garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- PARMESAN CHEESE – It wouldn’t be a grilled Parmesan corn recipe without the addition of tangy Parmesan cheese! Use freshly grated whenever possible.
- BUTTER – I always eat seasoned grilled corn with melted butter, and this recipe is no different. It adds flavor and helps the garlic and cheese adhere to the corn.
- GARLIC – The earthy and almost nutty flavor of garlic is a welcome addition to this dish.
Instructions to Make Grilled Sweet Corn With Parmesan
RECIPE PREP: Preheat your grill to medium-high (375-450 degrees F), then husk and clean the corn. Make sure to remove all of the silks!
GRILL THE CORN: Place the ears of corn on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes or until you see some nice char spots appear. The corn should be warmed through.
MAKE THE GARLIC BUTTER: While your corn cooks, place the butter and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 15-second increments until melted.
ASSEMBLE THE SEASONED GRILLED CORN: Brush the garlic butter over the corn, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy it while it’s hot!
Nope! You don’t need to worry about boiling or even soaking your corn before putting it on the grill to cook.
All you have to do is remove it from the husk. The key here is to make sure to remove any “silks” that may remain — the small silky strands from the husk that sometimes stick to the corn kernels. Remember, for my roasted corn on the cob recipe you don’t need to soak it!
It typically takes between 15-20 minutes. I suggest checking on your garlic corn after about 15 minutes to see if it’s ready. Leave it on for longer if you think it needs some more time.
You don’t have to for my seasoned grilled corn recipe! Simply place the ear directly on the grill, then follow the instructions that are outlined above as well as on the recipe card below.
More Grilled Recipes to Try
- Grilled Corn Salad with Tomato and Avocado
- Grilled Peaches
- Bruschetta Pork Chops
- Chicken Fajita Kabobs
Grilled Parmesan Corn
- 6 ears of sweet corn
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat the grill.
- Husk and clean the corn, removing all of the silks. Place ears on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes or until there are some nice char spots and the corn is warmed through.
- While the corn is cooking place the butter and garlic in a microwave safe bowl and melt together. Brush this over the cooked ears of corn then sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.