This Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken is a great weeknight meal. Just put everything into the crock-pot and forget about it! I like to serve it over rice and add some avocado on top. Yum!
You can choose whatever toppings you like or don’t put any extras on top, your choice. 🙂
So, has this summer been flying by or what?!?!? I can’t believe July is already half gone!
My kids are in the bored stage of summer now, so that has made the past couple of days go by pretty slow. Everything I suggest they have already done a million times over or it doesn’t sound like fun.
Come on folding towels doesn’t sound like fun??? Well, what about matching socks?? Oh come on it’s a challenge to find that matching sock, it’ll be a lot of fun I promise!! Yeah they saw right through it! Oh well, I tried 🙂
So, tell me what are some fun things you do with your kids when they are bored?
Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa of your choice
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine all ingredients except for the rice in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- When the chicken is ready remove from slow cooker and shred. Return to slow cooker and mix together. Serve over hot cooked rice and toppings of choice.