This Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cheesecake is rich, ultra creamy and decadent! Filled with peanut butter cups, a dark chocolate cream cheese filling, then topped with creamy whipped cream.
You guys if you like chocolate and peanut butter then you are going to love this dark chocolate peanut butter no bake cheesecake!! It is smooth, creamy, rich and will satisfy any sweet tooth, promise!!
Now I want everyone to take note that this is a NO BAKE cheesecake. I didn’t realize that cheesecakes were such a hot topic. I was reading comments on other blogs last summer and there were some nasty ones!! People were thinking that a no bake and a regular cheesecake were the same. Well let me just say there is a big difference between a no bake and a regular cheesecake baked in the oven.
They are both equally good in their own way and a no bakes purpose (in my opinion) is just an easier, quicker way to make a cheesecake. But it will taste different and have a different texture from the traditional cheesecake!
Ok, I am done with my rant. I just wanted to let you guys know so I don’t get any hate email/comments. 🙂
Back to this wonderful cheesecake! I made this a while back out of sheer panic and desperation for a dessert. I was taking a meal to a new mother and I was going to make these homemade chewy brownies but I ran out of cocoa powder. Oh, no I thought now what am I going to make!! I quickly went to my baking supplies in my pantry and began scouring for any possible ideas. I first saw the peanut butter cups and decided to snack on a couple while I was thinking. Well, you can’t think on an empty stomach!
Then I saw the chocolate crust and I instantly thought no bake cheesecake! Now if only I have the other ingredients. Chocolate…check, peanut butter…check, cream cheese….check, whipping cream….check! I was saved!!!!! So, I got to work and started making a cheesecake. And just like I am I didn’t write anything down. I really hate it when I do that and I do it A LOT!!
I was so mad at myself because when I tasted that creamy luscious filling I wanted to devour the whole bowl. So, I was on a mission that next day to re-create this dessert and I failed…..twice. Why is that??? I made it perfectly the first time just flying by the seat of my pants and now I can’t seem to get it right.
I went for another round and finally got it right. Thank goodness because we were eating cheesecake for DAYS! Not that it was a bad thing, just my thighs really don’t need any extra calories!
So, I hope you can enjoy this wonderful dark chocolate peanut butter no bake cheesecake really soon, like Valentine’s Day maybe?! Or you could try this Chocolate Cream Cheese Fruit Dip, either choice will be a good one!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips melted
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 chocolate crust
- Extra peanut butter cups for garnish if desired
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and mix well. Fold in HALF of the whipped cream mixture (saving the other half for the topping) along with the chopped peanut butter cups.
- In a small bowl microwave the peanut butter for around 25 seconds or until it is smooth and pourable. Spread onto the bottom of the chocolate crust. Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of the peanut butter layer, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Refrigerate the extra whipped cream.
- When ready to serve top with whipped cream and garnish with extra peanut butter cups if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.