This Turkey Cobb Salad is a great main dish salad to use up some leftover turkey (or you can use chicken too)! It’s healthy, full of flavor and will leave you begging for more!
I’m already dreaming about Thanksgiving leftovers and what to create with them! This turkey cobb salad is definitely going to be one of them!
Usually, after turkey day I am still pretty stuffed and want something not quite so filling. That’s where this salad will save the day. While this is a hearty main salad, salads in general are lighter on the tummy compared to super yummy mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and the usual heavier leftovers.
This cobb salad is pretty traditional other than the swapping of turkey for the chicken. Use this same recipe and replace rotisserie chicken for the turkey and you have an awesome lunch to take to work or at home!
I also used feta cheese in these photos because I am not a huge blue cheese fan, but if you like blue cheese by all means use it. 🙂
When it comes to the dressing I have seen red wine vinaigrette, blue cheese and ranch used so they choice is yours. My favorite and family’s favorite is ranch, of course.
When making this salad use it more as a guideline rather than hard rules to follow. If you prefer more turkey than add in more same goes for the other ingredients. Add more of what you like and make it your own. That’s what I like about salads, extremely versatile!
So be sure to save some leftover turkey to make this cobb salad after Thanksgiving and enjoy a little lighter, healthier fare.
Turkey Cobb Salad
- 10 cups chopped romaine and bibb lettuce
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey or use rotisserie chicken
- 5 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 large avocado sliced just before serving
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Dressing of choice: red wine vinaigrette blue cheese or ranch
- Spread lettuce in an even layer on a large serving platter. Sprinkle green onions over lettuce. Place remaining ingredients, except dressing, in rows across the salad.
- Serve immediately topped with desired dressing.