This Wilted Spinach Bacon Salad is a quick and easy salad that uses simple everyday ingredients and would be a great accompaniment to almost any meal.
Are you starting to plan out your Easter menu? This is a great salad to include because it can be made in like 10 minutes, it’s a great way to use up some of those Easter eggs and it. has. bacon!
I remember eating this salad at family get togethers when I was a kid. I remember fishing out all the bacon and spinach and leaving behind the boiled eggs for someone else. Yeah, I wasn’t a huge egg fan as a kid and I still am not the hugest fan today. (My husband makes up for my lack of egg loving)
But I do eat the egg with the salad now, aren’t you proud of me! 😉 My tastes have changed some from when I was a kid and I now eat more like an adult (you know instead of picking things out I actually enjoy eating them)
My kids even enjoy eating this salad and yes they love boiled eggs. They can eat boiled eggs plain for a snack. I haven’t grown up that much because that I can’t do.
But anyway- this salad really is a good one and not just because it has bacon in it. So, yes- you need to make this salad happen!
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- SALAD: Fry the bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. While the bacon is frying slice or chop the boiled eggs and sprinkle on top of the spinach. When bacon is cool enough to handle chop and sprinkle on top of the spinach.
- DRESSING: In the skillet used to fry the bacon combine the dressing ingredients along with the reserved bacon drippings. Heat over medium low heat just until heated through. DO NOT BOIL. Pour over the spinach and gently toss. Serve immediately.