Cheesy garlic french bread…..see I told you french bread would be back! This is a quick and easy bread to go along with well, just about anything!
I used a store bought french bread, but feel free to make your own if you wish. Cut your loaf in half and smear it with a mixture of softened butter and minced garlic. Load it up with shredded cheese and pop it in the oven. The end result is a crusty rustic bread with flecks of minced garlic, just the right amount of butter and a perfect melted cheesy topping.
It is crusty on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. The garlic is not overpowering and as I mentioned earlier it would be great with just about anything.
Cheesy Garlic French Bread
- 1 french loaf can also use Italian
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut french loaf in half horizontally. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix softened butter and minced garlic. Smear over the two bread halves. Sprinkle each half with the cheeses. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.