It’s french bread pizza folks. This is for those nights when you don’t have an extra 3 hours to spend making supper, cuz who really does??? Well, this is really for those nights when you don’t even have an extra 30 minutes to make supper. It is for when you need some supper stat.
This has been happening all to often at my house lately.
Spend too long outside (not a bad thing) and come in and WOW look at what time it is!!!! AHHHH I still have to make supper and bathe the kids and do the dishes and do the laundry and walk the dog, well ok not walk the dog but you get the picture!
French bread pizza to the rescue!! You don’t have to use pepperoni either. Use whatever meat you half on hand. Leftover chicken with some alfredo sauce would be great too. Lots of combos here, just like regular pizza. Plan to see more of these in the future because well, just because. 🙂
French Bread Pizza
- 1 large french or Italian loaf
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife cut the bread in half lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet.
- Spread each half with 1/4 cup sauce, 3/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheeses are melted and lightly browned.