Get ready to fall in love with this quick and easy French bread pizza recipe! With only a handful of simple ingredients, you can make a crunchy and cheesy pizza in either the oven or the air fryer.
You’ll Love This French Bread Pizza Recipe
Skip the hassle of pizza dough and make a French bread pizza instead! This recipe is for those nights when you don’t have a lot of time to make supper. And I don’t mean it’s for normal busy weeknights – it’s for the busiest weeknights.
All you need is a loaf of bread (French or Italian is best), some pizza sauce, and cheese. That’s it for your base! After that, you can have fun with it and add your favorite toppings like sausage, bacon, veggies, or even chicken alfredo. Yum!
I hope this pizza recipe helps you out next time you need to get dinner down the hatch – stat!
Key Ingredients to Make French Bread Pizza
I love these personal pizzas because you can make them with so few ingredients! All you need is a French loaf (or Italian!), pizza (or spaghetti) sauce, cheese (I use mozzarella and parmesan), and pepperoni.
You can use a different kind of cheese if you’d like, omit/replace the pepperoni, or add veggies!
How To Make Homemade French Bread Pizza
Step 1: Preheat
Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Slice Bread
Using a serrated knife, cut the French bread in half lengthwise. Place it on a baking sheet.
Step 3: Add Toppings
Start with your pizza sauce, and then add cheese and pepperoni (or whatever toppings you’d like!).
Step 4: Bake
Bake your pizza for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted and lightly browned.
You sure can! It may be a little thinner than pizza sauce, but it’ll still get the job done in a pinch. Here’s a recipe for my homemade pizza sauce if you want to whip up a jar.
Follow steps 1-3 of this recipe and then pop them in the 350-degree F preheated air fryer for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted and lightly browned.
The crux of this homemade pizza is – you guessed it – the French bread. Instead of using dough, you can just slice up a pre-made loaf of French bread and make a pizza on it with whatever toppings you want.
It’s best served immediately – you’ll generally make these pizzas in smaller servings, but you can definitely save your leftovers. Once the pizza cools, store them in an airtight container and pop them in the refrigerator. You can enjoy them for about 3-4 days, keeping in mind that the longer they sit the soggier they’ll get. Reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or in an air fryer for about 5 minutes.
Variations of French Bread Pizza
- Add sausage or bacon!
- Spinach! It’s SO good on pizza.
- Make your own version of Margherita pizza with mozzarella and basil leaves
- Use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken and add bacon and ranch.
- Kitchen sink pizza! Use whatever veggies, cheese, and/or protein you have on hand.
- Use alfredo sauce instead of tomato sauce if you’re feeling extra cheesy!
- Make the ultimate Philly cheesesteak French bread pizza! Top your bread with sauteed peppers and onions, sprinkle on some cheese, and then finish everything off with thinly sliced steak.
More Homemade Pizza Recipe You’ll Love
- Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
- Chicken Bacon and Ranch Pizza
- Mini Deep Dish Pizzas
- Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites
French Bread Pizza Recipe
- 1 large french or Italian loaf
- 1/2 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife cut the bread in half lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet.
- Spread each half with 1/4 cup sauce, 3/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Top with pepperoni.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheeses are melted and lightly browned.