This easy Chicken Lo Mein is a great weeknight meal. It can be made in under 30 minutes and I think it tastes better than the restaurant stuff!! (it’s also not full of msg)
My family loves chinese food, but I don’t love the way it makes you feel after you eat it. Someone always gets sick. I think it is all of the extra junk they put in it. So I have been trying to make some dishes at home to satisfy our cravings.
I use regular spaghetti because it’s what I always have on hand, but don’t be afraid to go fancy and use lo mein egg noodles. Just be sure to cook whatever pasta you are using to al dente. DON’T overcook the pasta!!! It will not hold up very well if it is mushy.
Also, feel free to use whatever kind of veggies you desire! I use stir fry veggies because it is easy to just buy it and toss it in, I know I’m lazy. Just use whatever you have on hand or prefer.
Chicken Lo Mein
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breast sliced into thin strips
- 1 16 oz pkg spaghetti
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil or any oil that can handle high heat
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 16 oz pkg stir fry vegetables (feel free to use what ever blend you like) thawed and drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. (it is very important to have all of your ingredients ready to go before you start cooking)
- Heat oil in a very large skillet or wok over medium high heat. When oil starts to ripple add in the chicken and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink. Move the chicken to the outside of the pan creating a large circle. The middle of the pan should be empty. Add in the veggies, garlic and ginger to the middle of the pan and cook until tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in drained noodles and soy sauce mixture. Toss to combine then remove from heat.