I have here for you a nice crisp chopped chicken salad. Thought I would share a few healthier dishes after the season of sweets and heavy foods. This salad is full of flavors and textures. You have all of the crisp clean veggies, a slight sweetness from the grape tomatoes and dressing, and a bit of saltiness from the feta cheese and the olives.
My husband is not a veggie eater in fact I would almost go as far as calling him anti-veggie. However he will eat this salad and I have make a healthier dressing so he doesn’t drown it in that heavy fattening (but sometimes oh so good 🙂 ) ranch. He actually said that salad was pretty good. I would eat it again. That’s how I know it has a seal of approval! The amounts I have listed are more just suggestions. If you don’t like one of the ingredients swap it out for something else and fell free to change the amounts.
Chopped Chicken Salad
- Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 of an orange bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- Cook chicken breast on the grill or in a skillet. Be sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Prep all of the salad ingredients. Place the lettuce on a large plate or shallow bowl. Arrange the other veggies, olives and feta in sections across the top of the lettuce bed. Slice the chicken and place on top of the vegetables. Serve immediately.