These DIY Hot Chocolate Spoons are a great and easy Christmas gift. They add the perfect special touch to a cup of hot chocolate or coffee!!
Elevate the flavor of your favorite warm drink by using these chocolate covered spoons! Chocolate stirring spoons are quick and easy to make and are sure to put smiles on the faces of both kids and adults alike.
The best part is that they can be made in a matter of minutes. So, if you are looking for an original homemade gift this year, try your hand at making these hot chocolate spoons.
Why You’ll Love Chocolate Covered Spoons
- Fun to make
- Tastes great in hot chocolate, lattes, coffee, and espresso
- Quick and easy
- Can be made up to 2 weeks in advance
- Great for birthdays, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day
How To Make Chocolate Stirring Spoons
Step 1: Melt the Chocolate
Begin by melting the chocolate in the microwave. Then lay the spoons on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Step 2: Decorate
Fill a disposable cake decorating bag with the melted chocolate. Cut the tip off and fill each of the spoons with chocolate. Next, add sprinkles to the chocolate. Refrigerate the spoons until the chocolate is set.
Expert Tips For Chocolate Spoons:
- Chocolate of choice: dark, milk, white, or all three.
- When choosing your chocolate go for good quality chocolate such as Lindt, Ghirardelli or other high-quality chocolate.
- Feel free to add any toppings such as toffee bits, sea salt, sprinkles, freeze-dried marshmallows, or crushed peppermints.
- Store in a sealed container and they will last around 2 weeks.
First, heat 8 ounces of your favorite warm drink into a mug. Next, take the spoon and stir it into the hot drink until it’s all melted off the spoon. Drink and enjoy!
You can use plastic disposable spoons or vintage spoons both work great for chocolate spoons for hot chocolate. Hit up consignment stores, yard sales, or antique stores for vintage spoons.
Yes, this is a great recipe to get your kids involved with. Younger kids will love adding all the toppings to the chocolate stirring spoons! Older ones are capable of doing the entire recipe on their own.
Chocolate spoons for hot chocolate would be a great holiday gift exchange idea or even a great gift for a teacher or coworker. Wrap each spoon in cellophane and tie it with some ribbon.
Place them in a coffee mug with some hot chocolate mix or coffee.
More Great Gift Ideas:
- DIY Christmas Gift Baskets
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Sweet and Spicy Pecans
These DIY Chocolate Spoons are a great easy Christmas gift. They add the perfect special touch to a cup of hot chocolate or coffee!!
- ⅓ cup (60g) bittersweet chocolate
- 6 plastic spoons
- toppings of choice: toffee bits, crushed peppermints, sea salt, white chocolate, freeze-dried marshmallows
- disposable cake decorating bags
Melt chocolate in the microwave for 15 sec stir well and repeat until melted. Place plastic spoons on a small tray or baking sheet.
Place a disposable cake decorating bag inside a large cup and fold edge of bag over cup. Fill bag with melted chocolate. Cut tip off of bag and fill spoons. Sprinkle with desired toppings and place spoons in the refrigerator until chocolate is set.
Wrap each spoon in cellophane and tie with a small ribbon.
- Using a disposable cake decorating bag is not necessary to make these I just found it to be the easiest and cleanest.
- If you would like to drizzle the spoons with chocolate, let chocolate spoons cool completely before drizzling.
- NUTRITION: Nutrition is calculated without toppings.