These DIY Chocolate Spoons are a great easy Christmas gift. They add the perfect special touch to a cup of hot chocolate or coffee!!
These DIY Chocolate Spoons are an easy gift idea for any of those that love hot chocolate or even coffee. These spoons are so easy and your kids will love helping make them! These would be a great holiday gift exchange idea or even a great gift for a teacher or coworker. Wrap each spoon in cellophane and tie with a red or green ribbon. Place them in a coffee mug with some hot chocolate mix or coffee. Perfect easy homemade Christmas gift! You could also turn this into a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift!
Items needed to create these DIY Chocolate Spoons:
- Plastic spoons or if you really want to make things fancy some vintage spoons.
- Chocolate of choice: dark, milk, white, or all three.
- When choosing your chocolate go for a good quality chocolate such as Lindt, Ghirardelli or other high-quality chocolate.
- Feel free to add any toppings such as toffee bits, sea salt, sprinkles, freeze-dried marshmallows, or crushed peppermints.
- 1/3 cup (60g) bittersweet chocolate
- 6 plastic spoons
- toppings of choice: toffee bits, crushed peppermints, sea salt, white chocolate, freeze-dried marshmallows
- disposable cake decorating bags
Melt chocolate in the microwave for 15 sec stir well and repeat until melted. Place plastic spoons on a small tray or baking sheet.
Place a disposable cake decorating bag inside a large cup and fold edge of bag over cup. Fill bag with melted chocolate. Cut tip off of bag and fill spoons. Sprinkle with desired toppings and place spoons in the refrigerator until chocolate is set.
Wrap each spoon in cellophane and tie with a small ribbon.