This Easy Fruit Pizza uses crescent dough instead of a sugar cookie base making it a quick and easy appetizer or dessert! It’s topped with sweetened cream cheese then loads of yummy fruit!
**Post updated April 2017**
This easy fruit pizza is another recipe from the archives that deserved a fresh photo shoot and some attention. This is a super easy recipe thanks to the store bought crescent dough. It isn’t as sweet as a traditional fruit pizza which is why we like it. It’s a little lighter and will make a perfect summer dessert! This can be used with either cream cheese or mascarpone. We like it both ways so you can decide which route to go.
This Easy Fruit Pizza is a bit different from the traditional fruit pizzas. For starters, it’s not round. I make a lot of rectangular pizzas, don’t know why I just do. Second, I used crescent dough instead of a sugar cookie crust and third, I used mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese.
I must confess, this is the first time I have used mascarpone. It’s thick (but not as thick as cream cheese) and creamy and mild in flavor. It pairs well with fruit but you can also use it in savory dishes.
This fruit pizza isn’t as sweet as the traditional thus I am claiming it to be a little healthier. I even used honey instead of sugar to lightly sweeten the cheese because I wanted the beautiful fruit to shine in this dessert/ appetizer. Then I dusted the top with some powdered sugar but it isn’t necessary. I just wanted it to look extra pretty.
Also, you don’t have to use the same fruit that I did. Strawberries, blackberries, grapes or any fruit that isn’t super watery (stay away from watermelon) would work great on this.
So to get off topic how did Memorial weekend go?? Did you do anything fun and exciting?? Go on a mini-vacation? We kept it pretty low key here, not much a person can do when it rains every day!
- 1 crescent seamless dough sheet can also use regular crescent dough, just press the seams together
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened or 1 (8oz) container mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Assorted fruit of choice
- Powdered sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place crescent dough on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the softened cream cheese or mascarpone, honey, lemon zest and vanilla. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange with fruit in desired pattern then dust with powdered sugar if desired.
If serving as an appetizer cut into smaller squares.