Need a great way to use up some leftover baked potatoes? Try these Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes for breakfast!
They are pretty easy to make and they satisfy hungry bellies. I usually have only a few leftover baked potatoes, you know not enough to feed everyone but too much for one person. So, I needed to come up with something to put them to good use and decided to make a meal out of them.
So, this is the first year I have all of the kids school supplies (minus shoes and lunch bags) done this early. For some reason, every year I have shopped at the last minute. Which causes a lot of frustration!!
It feels pretty good to have it all done! I am one of those people who likes to have everything done in advance and check it off the list. However, there are times I don’t and I regret it every time!!!
My kids are super ready to go back to school! Is that normal???? Of course they are young yet, give it a few more years and I am sure they will be thinking differently.
Our son will be going to Kindergarten this year and he is super pumped!! He just had his birthday and he thought that since he turned 6 he should be able to read. Just like magic, wake up and know how to read. I had to break it to him it isn’t quite that easy. I told him when he goes to school he will learn how to read. He was excited about that. I love his enthusiasm! I wish I had that much!!
Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 large potatoes baked
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet fry bacon until crisp over medium heat. Drain on paper towels and crumble or chop. Drain some of the bacon grease from the pan, leaving a tablespoon or two.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out pulp leaving 1/4" pulp around potato skin. Lightly cook potatoes in same skillet the bacon was fried in (about 3 minutes) and season well with salt and pepper. Scrape the potatoes to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs in the empty part of the skillet and scramble. Remove from heat and add in bacon and cheddar. Combine well.
- Spoon evenly between the 4 potato skins and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Also, chopped pepper and onions are great too. Just cook them with the potatoes.