One Pot Chicken Tomato Basil Alfredo is a quick and super easy meal that uses everyday ingredients but tastes amazing.
Happy belated 4th of July!! Did everyone have a good time?? Tell me how did you guys celebrate?? We kept it pretty low key here.
The kids played outside most of the day on their water slide and new swing set–then headed into to town to watch the fireworks in the evening.
We finally found a used swing set that we liked, was big enough for the kids to play on and didn’t cost a small fortune. (I can’t believe the price tags they have on those play sets!!) It was quite the job putting the swing set back together because the previous owners had taken it apart and didn’t have any instructions on putting it back together.
But we figured it out and after a weekend and several nights after work my husband and I were able to get the job done.
I haven’t done a one pot meal in a little while so I thought I would throw one your way. I love this dish for its simplicity. Simple everyday ingredients, easy prep and quick cooking time. That’s a winning one pot meal in my books!
It also has to taste great and pass the family inspection. Well, you can probably guess that it did since I am posting it here on the blog. I’m sure you’re thinking what pasta dish wouldn’t pass any kiddos inspection, but I have two little girls that can be on the pickier side, especially if I am trying out a new dish. And yes even with pasta!
One Pot Chicken Tomato Basil Alfredo
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz. cream cheese cut into small chunks
- 3/4-1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped basil
- In a large skillet or dutch oven brown chicken, onion and garlic in the butter until chicken is no longer pink, about 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in fettuccine (may need to break them in half to fit them in the pan) and chicken stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted and combined. Top pasta with diced tomato and chopped basil just before serving.