This One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is an easy 30 minute meal. It’s filled with simple ingredients and big on flavor!
I’m back with a one pot meal!! It’s been quite a while since I last posted a one pot meal so I thought it was high time I added a new one. This recipe was inspired by my kiddos love for spaghetti. This One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is a lot like spaghetti only I didn’t use any jarred pasta sauce and it’s made all in the same skillet. The sauce is a from scratch pasta sauce and since everything simmers together the Italian sausage adds a lot of flavor to the sauce.
I have several other great one pot meals and some of our favorites are the One Pot Bacon Alfredo, Sheet Pan BBQ Meatballs Green Beans and Potatoes, and Homemade Hamburger Helper. Or you can just check out my One Pot Meals section!
As I mentioned there is a lot of flavor packed in this skillet! My hubby’s favorite part is probably the Italian sausage. Even though he prefers the hot Italian sausage he didn’t complain much when I used the mild. I also added in a hefty dose of dried Italian seasoning, onion and garlic. See I told you we were going with simple here and trust me it doesn’t taste simple!!
A little more about this one pot meal:
- Don’t overcook the pasta. As with any one pot pasta dish that has a decent amount of sauce don’t overcook it. The pasta will continue to cook once it’s been removed from the heat and soak up liquid from the sauce. So it’s best to cook it just until al dente and no more.
- This brings me to my next suggestion……don’t plan for leftovers with one pot pasta dishes that are on the saucier side. The pasta just keeps soaking up the liquids and the next day they are pretty mushy.
- Feel free to change up the heat level to suit your needs. My husband likes it spicy but my kids do not. So, I make it with the mild Italian sausage and he adds in red pepper flakes to his after he dishes up. Keeps everyone happy that way! 🙂
This meal is great served with your favorite steamed veggie or a quick and simple side salad. These Garlic Cheddar Biscuits also go great with this meal!
So, tell me what your favorite one pot meal is! I love hearing from you guys and as always if you make something I want to see so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using #countrysidecravings!
Watch how to make our One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta:
This One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta is an easy 30 minute meal. It's filled with simple ingredients and big on flavor!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups shell pasta
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese + extra for topping if desired
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet brown the sausage with the onion until browned (about 10 minutes). Add in the garlic and cook for one minute.
Add in the tomatoes, broth, pasta, tomato paste, and Italian seasoning. Stir well then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender. (stir occasionally to prevent sticking)
- Stir in cheeses until melted and remove from heat. Sprinkle with extra mozzarella if desired.
1. Serve this with steamed veggies or a simple side salad. Can also serve with these Garlic Cheddar Biscuits