This Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup is comforting, warming and tastes like a cheeseburger in soup form!
I used my grandma’s cheeseburger soup recipe and just tested it out in the slow cooker. It turned out just as good as cooking it on the stove top—only one thing, it’s easier because it’s hands free.
I love crock pot or slow cooker meals because it does all the work for you! And with a busy household I need lots of those in my back pocket! It’s also becoming that time of year where things just don’t slow down. You know, lots of school projects, fundraisers and the holidays!
I can’t believe it is already the middle of October! Where has this month gone??? I feel like we just started school a few days ago.
So, anyway if you have a busy schedule ahead and need a comforting meal that really hits the spot- give this soup a try!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies (or if you prefer use 3/4 cup chopped of each- carrots, celery and potatoes)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley optional
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Put ground beef mixture into slow cooker along with the veggies, diced tomatoes (I like to slightly mash these before I put them in, but that is optional) and chicken broth. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- minutes before serving add in the milk, cream and cheddar cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Serve with chopped parsley if desired.