These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are everything a pancake should be- tall, soft and fluffy. What makes these extra special? They are packed with that wonderful seasonal flavor of pumpkin and spice!
MMMM, carbs! That is one thing I have been craving this whole pregnancy. That and mexican food.
Pancakes and waffles have pretty much been a staple. So, much that one of my kids even complained about having pancakes again for breakfast!
I almost died, because I never thought I would hear those words from one of my own! They always want pancakes or waffles for breakfast. So, needless to say I was shocked.
It could be partly because I have been making the standard plain pancake over and over. Hey I did change the syrup the other day. I made peanut butter syrup instead of plain ol’ boring syrup.
So, to satisfy my carb need (trust me I am not a happy mama if I don’t have some carbs in the morning 🙂 ) and to make things different from the usual I decided to whip up these wonderful pumpkin spice pancakes.
And let me tell you, they are divine!! They are moist from the pumpkin and taste of fall with their warm spices! Love at first bite, I promise!
Oh, and just in case anyone is wondering— we did find out the gender of our baby. Stay tuned because I will be posting a reveal sometime next week! 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each- nutmeg ginger and clove
- Preheat a griddle over low to medium low heat.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix just until combined. There will be a few lumps and that is OK.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbles start to form on the top and flip. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately topped with maple syrup.