Here is a simple spicy shrimp sandwich with avocado mayo. It really is easy to put together for a quick lunch. Start by mixing up some olive oil, onion and garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add in your shrimp and toss together. Place in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Wait, wait, wait here I don’t have an oven so how did I do this??? As I mentioned in an earlier post my oven is out of commission so I had to put on my thinking cap. I honestly thought I would resort to pan searing but I wanted to keep it simpler by baking them. So I used our trusty grill and it worked perfect!! I just put my baking sheet on the grill instead. They cooked a little quicker than they 8-10 minutes but they turned out great!
While your shrimp are cooking make the avocado mayo. You could also do this while waiting for the oven to preheat too. Place you mayo ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. It makes plenty of mayo so don’t go shy on it in your sandwich. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pound raw large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hoagie buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Avocado Mayo
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add in shrimp and toss to coat. Lay in a single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until white and opaque.
- While the shrimp are baking prepare the mayo by placing the avocado, mayo, yogurt, lime juice and salt in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing lettuce down first. Top with shrimp, tomato and avocado mayo. Serve immediately.