These Sausage and Veggie Kabobs are a quick and easy meal to throw on the barbie. I like quick and easy, if you haven’t noticed! 🙂 As much as I do like to cook, there are just times that I want something fast but still tastes great.
Not only is this meal easy but you can use whatever veggies you please! Red onions are really good with these. I only had white onions on hand so that’s what I used, but in my opinion the red are better.
My kids even enjoyed these, peppers and all!! They may have enjoyed using the skewers as swords even more though! Unfortunately, I had to rain on their parade and end their all-star battle before someone really did get hurt. There was a lot of but moooom’s and awwwww’s but they got over it when dessert came around.
Sausage and Veggie Kabobs
- 1 12 oz Kielbasa sausage, cut into about 2" chunks
- 1 bell pepper seeds removed and cut into 2" chunks
- 1 small onion cut into 2" chunks
- 15 baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Thread the sausage and veggies onto the skewers alternating into whatever pattern you desire.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Brush kabobs with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place on grill and turn occasionally. Cook for about 15 minutes or until peppers and veggies are charred and sausage is cooked.