Breakfast Enchiladas are filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, green chilies and cheese! Perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch!
You guys these breakfast enchiladas are killer!! I am not a huge enchilada fan but these may have changed my life, seriously!
They are loaded with softly scrambled eggs, breakfast sausage, green chilies and lots of cheese!
Just before baking smother them in a green chile sauce and more cheese, mmmm.
Top these bad boys off with some pico de gallo and you’ve got a hearty breakfast for your crew!
These would also be great to serve at a brunch to change up the pace from the typical coffee cakes and donuts.
We have had a busy household the past couple of days!
My grandma and aunt were able to come and visit us and my kids roped them into sewing projects.
Which I’m glad because it is something they have really wanted to learn.
They were able to go shopping and choose their fabrics and decor for each of their 3 projects.
I honestly thought they wouldn’t make it past the second project before burning out but they kept coming up with new projects to add on!
My husband even walked through the room and asked how the sweatshop was going, lol! 🙂
They started off with a pillow then progressed to projects a little more challenging.
My 2 year old even got in on the action and helped with sewing her pillow and skirt. Now if I could only get it off of her to wash it 🙂
My son wasn’t too sure about sewing, he thought it was a little too girly but then he saw what they were making and decided he could use a pillow.
Good thing my aunt was prepared and picked him up some fabric too.
Today is their final sewing day to wrap up all of their projects before my grandma and aunt have to head back home.
I know the kids have had a wonderful time and I am so grateful for them taking on this not-so-small project!
- 1 pound bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 4 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can green chile sauce (I like Stoke's)
- 8 (12") flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large skillet brown sausage, onion and garlic until suasage is no longer pink. Spoon into a bowl then set aside. In the same skillet scramble eggs. I like them softly scrambled but cook them how you like them. Add to the bowl with the sausage. Stir in the green chilies and 3 cups of shredded cheese.
- Place a small amount down the middle of a tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down in prepared pan. Fill remaining tortillas and place seam side down in pan. Pour can of green chile sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
- Nutrition Facts- Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the information shown is just an estimate.