Christmas goodie #5 is peanut butter caramel brownies and they are to die for!! There are 3 layers to these brownies. First a chocolate bottom, second and caramel peanuty middle, and third a chocolate top sprinkled with yummy peanut butter cups and chopped peanuts. All that is missing is a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hold on a second while I go and top mine with some.
Okay I am back with my peanut butter caramel brownie and ice cream. I know I really shouldn’t be eating this be typing but I can’t help it. A mama has got to break the rules and indulge and I promise I won’t get any on the keyboard. Well maybe.
These brownies really are easy to put together. You should know me by now I don’t do to many complicated things. Start by making the base which is just a chocolate cake mix, butter and an egg. Bake for 15 minutes and top with a peanut butter caramel. Sprinkle with peanuts. Spread melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and peanut butter cups. Just be sure to cool these bad boys completely before cutting them. I like to do this in the freezer to speed things up 🙂
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 36 caramels unwrapped
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mini peanut butter cups roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the cake mix, butter and egg. Press into the bottom of your prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat stirring constantly until the caramels have melted. Add in the peanut butter and bowl for 2 minutes. Spread over warm brownie bottom. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Spread over caramel layer. Sprinkle with chopped peanut butter cups and peanuts. Cool completely before cutting into bars. I like to do this in the freezer.