This hearty Lasagna Soup is an easy one pot recipe with all the flavors of lasagna, but no layering!
I am posting a soup recipe on a 70 degree day! What’s wrong with me?!?!
However, it is pretty windy today and I’m sure it’s has to be cold somewhere so that justifies posting a soup recipe. 🙂
It feels like spring is just around the corner, but I know it is only a tease. I’m sure it will be cold again soon. So for now, I am going to enjoy this nice weather!
So, back to the soup. I really love how easy and quick this comes together. It’s a great recipe to have on hand for those nights you need something quick to feed your super starving family! Plus, it’s lasagna in soup form so it’s comfort food to the max.
You can also use Italian sausage or a combination of ground beef and sausage to add even more flavor. I usually do a combination of the two meats, which is my family’s favorite. You can also add in as much or little cheese as you want. I used just mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in these pictures but ricotta cheese is wonderful too. It makes the soup creamy and dreamy.
So, don’t wait for the next cold day to enjoy this satisfying soup! 🙂
- 1 pound lean ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 8 lasagna noodles broken into pieces
- Shredded mozzarella
- Shredded Parmesan
- SOUP: In a large pot or dutch oven brown the ground beef with the onion, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley. Drain any excess grease. Stir in the tomato paste. Add in the remaining soup ingredients and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally so the noodle don't stick to the bottom.
- TO SERVE: Ladle into bowls and top with desired cheeses.