These Chicken Fajita Kebabs have all the fajita flavor packed onto a skewer and cooked on the grill! It’s a super flavorful chicken kabob that’s easy to make and perfect for any night of the week.
If you are looking for a great weeknight meal (or even weekend meal) that’s full of flavor, you really need to try these chicken kebabs! They taste like chicken fajitas only they are cooked on the grill making them super easy to make.
Reasons to love this easy chicken recipe:
- Cheaper than going to a resturant for fajitas
- Just as tasty as ordering your favorite chicken fajitas
- Easy grilling recipe for beginner grillers
- Chicken can be marinated in advance making prep before dinner easy
The ingredients are pretty simple and easy to find which I love! It makes dinnertime so much easier. You may even have everything on hand already! For this recipe you will need:
BELL PEPPERS: I like to use different colored peppers to make it pretty but that is optional. Use what you have on hand or prefer.
ONION: I prefer to use a red onion
RED WINE VINEGAR
CHILI POWDER, CUMIN, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, OREGANO, CAYENNE PEPPER, SALT
How To Make Chicken Fajita Kebabs
MARINADE: Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Dice the chicken into 1 1/2″ pieces and place in the bag with the marinade. Massage to distribute the marinade. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
PREP THE SKEWERS: If you are using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water 30 minutes before assembly. Thread the chicken, peppers, and onions onto the skewers alternating between each (see pictures for a better idea).
GRILL: Preheat the grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees F). Prepare gill by cleaning and lightly oiling with an oiled paper towel. If you need a better idea watch on How To Clean Your Grill. Grill the skewers about 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is completely opaque throughout (no pink).
- Quick and Easy Refried Beans
- Easy Spanish Rice
- Tortillas and all the toppings!
- Or keep it low carb and place it over a large salad
More Delicious Recipes:
Chicken Fajita Kebabs
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of ½ an orange
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 pounds (1kg) boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1½" pieces
- 3 bell peppers
- 1 red onion (or onion of choice)
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large ziploc bag and mix well. Place chicken pieces in the bag and seal. Marinade for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- If using wooden skewers soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400°F). Clean and lightly oil grill grates. Thread chicken pieces, bell pepper, and onion onto skewers. Cook for 5 minutes per side or until chicken is opaque and no longer pink.