These Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites are a great way to use that abundance of zucchini you may have! Plus, it tastes great, easy to make, kid-friendly, and healthy!
If you are looking to add more veggies to your diet these pizza bites are perfect. A few other tasty ways to get in more healthy vegetables is this Easy Greek Salad, or this Tomato, Cucumber, and Avocado salad. Or try my kid’s favorite way to eat broccoli…Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli.
*Originally published August 2015. Text and photos updated.*
My kids love these and eat them as fast as I make them. And to be honest I love them too. My husband will even eat them and he is NOT a vegetable eater!
Reasons why you will love these:
- SO EASY! This has to be one of the easiest snacks/appetizers you can make. My kids can even make these themselves!
- Healthy: If you are looking to cut back on a few carbs but not sacrifice flavor these will do the trick. It has all the right pizza flavor in a healthier way.
- Only 5 simple ingredients!
- Zucchini: If you can only find super small zucchini no problem. Cut them on a bias to make them into ovals creating more real estate for yummy toppings!
- Sauce: Use whatever pizza or spaghetti sauce you like best.
- Mozzarella cheese: I like to shred my own but you can use the pre-shredded if you prefer.
- Pepperoni: Use turkey or regular, mini or large. I was having a hard time finding the mini pepperoni and the only available pepperoni was an extra large one. Just give it a rough chop so it will fit. The kids prefer the mini because they like to “decorate” their bites but use what you can find.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds the little extra something!
The How To:
- Honestly, this couldn’t get any easier and sometimes I’m a little embarrassed I even published this post back in 2015. But there might be someone out there looking for new ideas to use up their zucchini!
- Prep: Cut the zucchini into 1/4″ inch rounds. Remember if your zucchini happens to be really small cut it on a bias which will make a larger surface for toppings!
- Top: Spoon a little bit of sauce on top of each round. Top with a sprinkle of cheese, pepperoni, and Parmesan.
- Bake: It doesn’t take very long to bake these 8-10 minutes is all. This will give you tender-crisp zucchini. So if you like your zucchini soft add more time.
Tips for Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites:
- Make it your own and change up the toppings…..olives, onion, bell pepper, sausage…..whatever you put on your pizza try on top of zucchini!
- Try to stay away from the really large zucchini because they will be very watery and the seeds will be tough.
- Use a different cheese….fresh mozzarella, ricotta, cheddar are all yummy options.
Easy Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 small zucchini cut into ¼" rounds
- 1 cup (235ml) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (115g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (65g) mini pepperoni
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Place zucchini in a single layer on baking sheet. Top each round with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.