This simple blender salsa is crazy easy. I’m almost ashamed to even call this a recipe (almost). Just open a few cans, dump your ingredients into a blender and give everything a couple of whirs.
This creates a nice smooth restaurant style salsa, which is what my husband prefers. He’s not big on chunky salsa. Me however, will eat any kind of salsa, fresh, jarred, chunky or smooth.
I eat salsa on a lot of food, except ice cream, eeewww. Eggs, tacos, chips, hamburgers, spoonfuls…… I usually have all the ingredients to make this simple blender salsa on hand which is great because I can have salsa whenever and no chopping required!
Simple Blender Salsa
- 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves about a handful
- 1 small jalapeno seeds removed for less heat
- 1 small onion quartered
- juice of 1 lime or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste for me it was about 2 teaspoons of salt
- Combine everything in a blender and giver it a couple of whirs or until it is as smooth as you like. Taste for needed seasoning.
- This salsa will get stronger in flavor the longer it sits. I like to make it a couple hours in advance if I am going to serve it to company.