This honey garlic smoked sausage skillet is a quick and easy appetizer that will please all! They are slightly sweet and simply irresistible!
If you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer for your next party, then this honey garlic sausage recipe is just for you!! They are sweet and savory and completely irresistible! Plus, who doesn’t love one of the best quick and simple sausage appetizers ever??
I think these would go great with the homemade french onion dip and the sweet and spicy pecans. You can see in the picture below that I made a small appetizer board with the three. Add this easy fruit tray as a dessert option and you’ll be all set to host! Don’t forget to try my reuben sliders & pepperoni pizza sliders to complete your party food table. Also, try these Crockpot Glazed Kielbasa Bites from my friend Julie!
Why You Will Love This Smoked Sausage
- The combination of honey & garlic is insanely good.
- Sausage appetizers are always a hit with guests!
- Only 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Simple ingredients are all you need for this garlic sausage recipe.
- Can be made in advance and warmed up before serving.
How To Make Sausage Skillet
Step 1: Combine Ingredients
Mix together the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, ginger, hot sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 2: Cook
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add the smoked sausage and cook until browned. Stir frequently. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add homemade honey glaze and cook until bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
Tips For Making This Garlic Sausage Recipe
- Slice evenly. Cut the smoked sausage into the same size sliced pieces. It will cook more evenly and it’s easier to eat. Plus, the end result looks more appealing.
- Make it hotter. For more spice, add more hot sauce or toss in a few red pepper flakes.
- Fresh ginger is best. To get the most flavor in this sausage appetizer, use fresh ginger. In a pinch, you could use ginger powder as well. Fresh is the best.
In most cases, smoked sausage is fully cooked when you buy it. So, you only need to cook it until it’s browned and has a slight crisp around the edges. This is to lock in the flavor.
If you are making this sausage skillet recipe with uncooked sausage, then you will need to cook it until it reaches 160 degrees.
For parties, you can add the honey garlic sausage to a platter along with other appetizers. Or you can add toothpicks for easy eating. Turn it into a main course by serving with a bed of rice and some roasted veggies.
Place the glazed smoked sausage in a slow cooker. Keep it on the warm setting and it will stay hot. You’ll need to stir it every once in a while.
More Delightful Appetizers:
Honey Glazed Sausages
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of choice (I usually use sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 (12-16 oz) packages smoked sausages, cut into 1″ slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, ginger, hot sauce, and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium to medium low heat. Add sausages; cook stirring frequently, until browned. (about 8-10 minutes) Add minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add reserved sauce and cook until bubbly.
- You can easily make these in advance and warm them back up before serving.
- You can also make these and transfer to a small crockpot to keep warm. Just use the warm setting.