This chicken enchilada bake is easy to put together (which is a winner in my books) and it tastes like you spent forever on it (it will be our little secret)! It is amazing that just a few ingredients can make such a wonderful dish.
You know what the best thing is about this bake?
You don’t have to spend the time making the enchilada sauce, making the tortillas, then filling and rolling them to get an awesome tasting dinner!
Don’t get me wrong though there is nothing wrong with making everything from scratch. In fact I sometimes enjoy doing that, but sometimes there just isn’t time (insert life with kids and a husband…love ya guys). So this meal is perfect for when you are really craving those enchilada flavors but don’t have the time to make everything from scratch (you know for those lazy days……cuz we all have them 🙂 )
Chicken Enchilada Bake
- 2 10 oz cans red enchilada sauce
- 6 6 inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread a small amount of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking dish. Top with 2 corn tortillas, 1 cup chicken, 1/4 cup onion, 1/2 of the can of chilies, 1 cup cheese, and drizzle with a little enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining corn tortillas, cheese and sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with favorite toppings such as: avocado, sour cream, pico de gallo