This Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Frosting is a moist cake full of peanut butter flavor and topped with a rich and creamy chocolate frosting!
I know, I know it’s just barely into January and I am already posting non-resolution type foods. (Unless your resolution was to eat more cake and in that case we can sooo be friends 🙂 )
Like I said I’m not a resolution type of person and I am going to be a rebel and tempt all of you with this super decadent cake!!! Hehehe!!
Ok, maybe a lot of this has to do with being pregnant and food resolutions are the last thing on my mind.
Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Frosting
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks butter 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) cream the peanut butter, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add in the buttermilk and vanilla, mix well. Slowly add in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- To prepare the frosting beat the butter until smooth add in the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth and fluffy. Spread over top of cake.